Monday, November 14, 2011

Clear Hawse collaboration

My friend (and genius poet) Lori Anderson Moseman invited me to collaborate with her on a book project called Clear Hawse. She made 10 books, all in different orders, out of white mailing envelopes on which she printed her poem. Where the envelope flaps tuck into each other forms the spine. She sent out 10 to 10 different artist/writers to frolic on. I worked on it in encaustic, oil, pastel, ink, graphite and collage.



























The last three pictures below are details of parts of the book I particularly liked:





3 comments:

  1. Glad you like it, Nancy! It's probably visually related to the book I made for you a couple years ago. In their "sullied-ness."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are lovely. Can you make them bigger so we can see the detail?

    ReplyDelete