Monday, July 11, 2011

Kyotologic...







These are pictures of my studio. I made many encaustic monotypes on long scrolls toward the end of writing the poetry in Kyotologic (which I had previously called "Japonisme" forever, and I still think of the book as that title sometimes). It was almost like I had to write the book visually all over again in the form of these scrolls from 2007 until 2008. A small detail of the one of the scrolls was used as the artwork for the book cover.

These pieces have surrounded me in my studio for a few years now. I hate to take them down as I am sort of in love with them, but I just sold one of the first scrolls, and it's one of my favorites, so I'm conflicted about it. But it's probably a good idea to take this small step toward moving on to whatever is next...

No comments:

Post a Comment